Don’t let this simple salad fool you, it is packed with flavor! I threw this together tonight when I wanted a simple, light meal. It took me about 5 minutes start to finish. This is also a great snack or even side dish.
As a warning, this is not a a make ahead salad. After you cut cucumbers, they release a lot of water. So, once you make the salad, you really should eat it fairly soon. That could be the only thing that’s a negative about this salad.
Anyway, start by slicing your cucumbers. I used a mandoline, I just got it for my birthday and am loving it. If you don’t own a mandoline, no problem, use a veggie peeler. It works just as well. I have used one for years, doing just that. Now, I like to slice them very thin, I love the way you can curl them when they are.
Arrange them on your plate and prepare the dressing. Also simple. Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, minced garlic, honey, crushed red pepper and grated ginger. I always like to mix in mason jars. Just give it a good shake. You’ll notice I only made a small amount of dressing, it was small salad.
Last step, pour it over the cucumbers. I don’t even bother mixing it in, just pour over.
Top with a few sesame seeds, and we are good to go.
Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!
Asian Cucumber Salad
- 1.5 cups cucumber ribbons If you don't want to use ribbons, slice them. No problem!
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce you can also use amino acids if you prefer
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Place cucumber ribbons on plate. I like to curl them and make them pretty! If you don't want to use the ribbons, no problem, use the slices. Set the sesame seeds aside, they go on last. In a small mason jar, mix remaining ingredients for dressing. Pour over salad. Top with sesame seeds. It's that simple.Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!