This is a fairly simple,flavorful and quick to throw together entree idea. There is the marinate time, but it is easy to throw together and in the morning, then it’s ready to go by
Here’s your ingredients to get this party started.
For this I like to grate my garlic on the microplane, I don’t want any chunks in it.
I throw it all into a mason jar and shake. Simple!
If you can read through the bag, I used a loin center cut pork chop, bone in.
Place the chops and marinade into a container or large ziplock bag. Mix well to make sure chops are coated. Allow it is marinate for at least 2 hours or up to 8.
I served our’s with a cucumber salad. I Love to use my mandoline for this. Link is here. I just felt like I wanted them to be all the same size and look alike. Anal, I know.
I also had some snap peas that were way past prime. I decided to saute them and save them! Heat about 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in nonstick pan over medium heat. Add peas when the oil is heated.Let it saute about a minute, then add in 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon rice vinegar and 1 teaspoon honey. We also like crushed red pepper in our’s, just for a little kick. Season with salt and pepper if you choose. Top with sesame seeds.
Here’s the finished plate. And man, it was all good!
My house smelled amazing and the food was awesome. It made for a happy evening for the whole house!
Asian Style Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon grated minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 4-6 pork chops
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade. Add them to a ziplock bag with your pork chops. Squeeze through to make sure all the pork chops are covered. Marinate for at least 2 hours, up to 8. Remove from fridge and bring to room temp. Heat grill to 450 degrees. Remove from marinade and place on grill. Grill for about 3-7 minutes per side. This will depend on the thickness of the chops you are using. Remove from grill and allow to rest before cutting into them. We served ours with a cucumber salad and sauteed snap peas. The cucumbers got a light drizzle of a honey ginger balsamic, salt and soy sauce. The snap peas were sauteed with a little bit of soy sauce, sesame oil and honey. It was delicious!Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!