Perfect Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. These are literally the most perfect Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. It is a recipe from America’s Test Kitchen and it is so good!!
Chocolate- The Essential Ingredient
I am not absolute on a lot of ingredients, but my Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa is one of them. I always have a container in the cupboard and another 2-4 in the pantry just in case. If you haven’t tried it yet, you should. It is a favorite for chocolate flavor and such a beautiful color.
This recipe used double chocolate, which is always a good thing in my book. Not only do you have the Cocoa Powder, but also unsweetened chocolate as well.
Making The Perfect Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Because these cookies are made with a melted butter/chocolate mixture, they are best mixed in a bowl with a spatula. No need to break out that mixer.
I omited the espresso the recipe called for, but you could certainly add it in. It adds a great depth of flavor I love.
Getting The Perfect Crinkle
One thing I learned from this recipe about getting the perfect “crinkle” was this…roll it in granulated sugar first. This helps produce the most beautiful crinkle top. If you haven’t tried this before, you need to!
Is Chocolate your thing? I have several recipes that are big hits in our house, but also on the blog that I would love to share with you! I have to tell you, Dark Chocolate is my thing, so most of these recipes are just that. Don’t worry though, you can always sub in for a semi-sweet or milk chocolate.
- If we are talking cookies, how about these Dark Chocolate Rye Cookies?
- How about this simple, but healthy Dark Chocolate Bark With Popped Amaranth?
- A recipe that has been killing it lately on the blog is this Dark Chocolate Cake Roll with Peppermint Filling. There is a reason it is so popular!
Perfect Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bkaing soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.Set aside. Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in bowl.Whisk brown sugar; eggs, and vanilla together in large bowl. Combine chocolate and butter in bowl and microwave at 50 percent power, stirring occasionally, until melted, 2 to 3 minutes.Mix chocolate mixture into egg mixture until combined. Fold in flour mixture. Mix well, but only to combine.Don't overmix. Let dough sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.Place granulated sugar and confectioners’ sugar in separate shallow dishes. Working with 2 tablespoons dough (or use #30 scoop) at a time, roll into balls. Drop dough balls directly into granulated sugar and roll to coat. Transfer dough balls to confectioners’ sugar and roll to coat evenly. Evenly space dough balls on prepared sheets, 10-12 per baking sheetBake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until puffed and cracked and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft (cookies will look raw between cracks and seem underdone), about 12 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through baking. Let cool completely on sheetpan before serving.These are amazing the day of, but can also hold for up to 2 days if wrapped well and left at room temp.Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!