Look at what I came home to after a few days trip. They were monsters! The only thing this size of zucchini is good for is baked goods. The skin and seeds are much too tough for anything else!
Start by mixing your dry ingredients. For some reason I left this photo out?
In another bowl, mix the fat and sugars.
Next is the eggs and greek yogurt.
Add in your dry ingredients. Mix carefully. Don’t over mix.
Last is zucchini and chocolate chips, if you are using.
Scoop into prepared pans. I love to use these square pans I got from Amazon.
Bake until slightly under baked. Careful not to overbake, this is pretty easy when baking with wheat flour
Whole Wheat Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour you can also use a red or white wheat, but I prefer a softer, pastry flour.
- 3/4 cup hersheys dark cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cups grated zucchini make sure and squeeze to remove liquid,
- 1/2-3/4 cups chocolate chips optional.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.Prep pans you are using. I love these square pans, I'm not exactly sure why, but the shape is really appealing to me. Start by mixing the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another, larger bowl, mix the butter, oil, sugars, vanilla and zucchini. Next, Greek yogurt.Combine the dry ingredients with the wet. Only mix to combine. Careful not to over mix. It is easier to do with whole wheat flour. If you are using chocolate chips, add them now. Portion into pans. Bake until toothpick inserted comes out almost clean. Remember when you are using whole wheat flour, you want to make sure and under bake just slightly. It will continue to bake even after it is removed. I love to let mine cool slightly. If you prefer, dig in!Now, sit back and enjoy, you deserve it!