I am not sure how everyone is feeling, but after Thanksgiving, I need some GREEN! I definitely indulged over the holidays and now my body is screaming for some healthier, lighter options. This was our lunch from today and it was just right!
It’s the season for citrus and I am excited about that. I eat so many oranges during the winter. There is hardly a day that goes by I don’t eat at least 1 orange. They are just so good to me. I actually wanted blood oranges for this salad, but couldn’t find any. Not a biggie though, I have plenty of naval oranges. I made this with a base of baby greens. They I added sliced naval oranges, pomegranates, sliced almonds, goat cheese and avocado. Y’all, it was so good!
The dressing was a fabulous orange vinaigrette. I’ll add that recipe below. It is easier for most people if it is printable.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl or mason jar. I prefer mixing mine in a mason jar. Serve immediately or store in the fridge up to a week. Shake before using.