Want a delicious dinner idea? Look no further than these tasty little kabobs. Although there is a marinade time, making them is actually pretty dang quick!
I know most people like to cut their meat in chunks for kabobs, I actually prefer long thin strips. I think it is so much more tender, I’m definitely into that! If you prefer chunks, cut your’s that way!
So, start with the meat, cut as you choose. Mix your marinade in a bowl an add to your meat. I like to marinade in a ziplock bag. It’s simple and you can just throw it away when you are done.
When you are ready to start your kabobs, trim your pineapple and get it ready in chunks.
Thread the marinated chicken and pineapple through your skewers. You can also add onions, bell pepper, zucchini etc to them skewers if you choose. I prefer just the pineapple and chicken.
Baste with the leftover marinade.
Continue to baste even on the grill. The chicken will cook quickly, make sure and keep an eye on it.
Because of the honey, you will get a beautiful char on it, same with the pineapple.Yum!
We served our’s with a cucumber salad and white rice. I know, brown rice is much healthier, I just like white rice sometimes!
Look at how juicy this chicken is!! It’s amazing!
The combo of the marinaded chicken and pineapple is just so good!
Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
- 1-2 pounds chicken breast or thigh. I know most people prefer thighs for recipes like this, but I love the breast instead!
- 10-15 pineapple chunks
- chopped onions optional. I didn't use them, but they are delicious!
- chopped bell peppers Also optional.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger use dry if you need to.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce This is optional, but it gives great flavor. I had a little leftover from another recipe and threw this in, it was delicious!
- Cut chicken into strips. I prefer thinner strips to chunks. I like the way it grills better. I know it seems like most people prefer chunks, not me. So, my chunks are about 1/2 inch thick, and about 1 inch wide by 4 inches. This is just a guesstimate, don't stress over it. In a bowl combine marinade ingredients- soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, rice wine vinegar, bbq sauce (if using) and sesame oil. Mix well. Add to Large ziplock bag. Add chicken to same bag. Zip it closed and with your fingers, squish the chicken and and marinade together. Set this aside and let it marinate. I only had about 2 hours for mine, this worked great. It can sit up to 8. If you are only marinating for 2, leave it sitting on the counter top. If you are doing it longer, place in fridge. Remove about an hour before grilling. Thread chicken and pineapple on skewers. If you are using onions and peppers, thread those on as well. Preheat grill. I like mine really hot. It was about 600 degrees when I put the chicken on. This is a quick cook, so keep your eye on it. Mine took about 3 minutes per side. There is plenty of honey in the glaze, so it can burn pretty easy. You want a light char, not totally burned. Remove and prepare to be amazed! You'll love this.Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve this!