I love vegetables. Sometimes I love them even more when they are roasted. Like in the case of these roasted veggie pitas, they are such an awesome meal. The veggies are lovely fresh, but also so good when they are roasted. It’s totally healthy and relatively quick. Plus, I like to make a lot of veggies and have it as leftovers in the next couple days. It’s a great idea for meal prep, if you are into that. So, start with the veggies you want to roast. In this case I used mushrooms, onions, yellow and green squash and chickpeas. I do a rough chop, you don’t want them too small.
You can mix it right on your pan or in a bowl. I decided to mix mine in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. Then add seasonings. This is up to you. I used minced garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika.
Mix until everything is coated.
Pour onto a parchment lined baking sheet (for easy cleanup).
Roast at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
If I would have had some hummus, that would have been great to spread first, but tragically, I didn’t. I just used the veggies and topped it all with goat cheese. It was delicious!
I love the reddish undertone the paprika and cayenne gave the veggies!
Roasted Veggie Pita
- 4-8 cups veggies of choice
- 2-4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less if you prefer
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Rough chop veggies.Drizzle with olive oil and add seasonings. You can use my mix, or make one of your own. Mix well so all veggies are coated. Transfer to a parchment lined baking dish. Bake for 10- 15 minutes. You can go longer if you like. I prefer my veggies to still have a little crunch to them, so I don’t have a long bake time. Remove from oven. Heat Pitas. Scoop desired amount of veggies onto pita. Top with goat cheese, feta parmesan, or any other cheese of choice. If you are going for a vegan meal, simply omit the cheese or use a vegan one. Sit back and enjoy! You deserve it!