Sometimes I feel like I’m cheating when I make these no knead breads. They are just so simple! This is a recipe I modified from Damn Delicious. I’m sure the original is amazing, but I have a hard time making an all white bread. So, I added in wheat flour also.
So, it’s simple. Mix all ingredients in bowl. Cover and let it rest overnight.
It’s sticky, so it didn’t make the most beautiful loaf. I baked mine in my dutch oven.
Let it cool, slice and enjoy. The flavor is amazing.
No Knead Garlic Rosemary Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour I used white whole wheat
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cup room temp water
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl just until combined. Cover and let this sit about 24 hours, or overnight. Heat oven with dutch oven in it, to 450 degrees. Continue to let dutch oven heat about 40 minutes. You want it good and hot!Remove dutch oven from oven. Form loaf and place on a large square of parchment, mine was about 12 inches square. Remove lid from dutch oven, and carefully move parchment to dutch oven, grabbing sides of paper to move. Recover dutch oven and move to oven. I let it bake in the dutch oven 15-20 minutes, to give it the oven spring. Then I remove from pan and place parchment directly on oven shelf for remainder of baking time, about 25 minutes. Let it cool, as much as you can stand. Slice and enjoy.