These Pressure cooker soups are just so simple. They have totally made my life so much easier. I wish I would have jumped on this train much sooner than I did! Check out this super simple soup, sausage and sweet potatoes.
Chop and prep all ingredients.
Place them ALL in the pressure cooker.
No sauteing or any extra steps. It all goes in!
It’s a 5 minute cook time, with quick release. So about 15 minutes all together with the preheat time. It’s so easy and fast.
Serve with fresh breadsticks if you have them!
Or crackers. Or even take the soup like it is! That is awesome too.
Sweet Potato and Chicken Sausage Soup- Pressure Cooker
- pressure cooker
- 5-6 sausage links, cut in 1/2 inch slices I used a chicken apple, but use whatever kind you choose!
- 1/2 onion, chopped. About 1 cup
- 2-3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 2 cups veggie or chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper If you are not into spice, don't add any.
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoon salt this is variable. Add more or less if you prefer.
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1-2 15 ounce green beans, canned.
- Place all ingredients in pressure cooker. Close lid and cook on high for 5 minutes. Do quick release and remove lid. That's it! The soup is ready. Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!