This salad is so good. I mean, so good. It is quick to throw together, healthy and so delicious! You can do this vegetarian like I did, or make it with chicken Either way, it’s amazing!
Start by chopping all your veggies. I used cucumbers, red cabbage, carrots, edamame, cilantro and green onions.
The edamame I used was frozen. Simply add to boiled water, and cook for about 3-5 minutes. drain and rinse with cold water.
Soba noodles are pretty easy to find. They are in most grocery stores in the Asian aisle. I love them in salads!
Add them to boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes, until tender, but not mushy.
Mix noodles and all veggies together. Top with peanuts.
Isn’t this beautiful!
Make dressing. I always make mine in a mason jar. It’s so easy to close the lid and shake to mix.
Drizzle it over the top and mix in until blended.
Serve, topped with more cilantro.
Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!
Cold Soba Asian Salad
- 4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage this is a variable, as is everything else, if you want more, add it. Want less, add less.
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups edamame
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cucumbers, seeded if you prefer. I do
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cup cooked, cooled soba noodles
- 2 1/2-3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2-1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or amino acids
- 3 tablespoon nuetral oil I used canola oil
- Mix all veggies together for salad. Mix ingredients for dressing. Pour desired amount over salad. Mix well. Top with peanuts and more cilantro. This salad can be made ahead of time. Prep all your veggies the day before, get the dressing ready. Then right before servings, mix and top. Simple! Healthy! Oh, so tasty!Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!