I love a good all veggie salad, but also love soba noodles. This soba noodle salad with fresh ginger salad is a great blending of a few of my favorite things! It is delicious and so healthy!
Get your water on the stove and boiling. While it is heating, start chopping your veggies.
I wanted to add a little different texture to the veggies, so I decided to spiralize the cucumbers.
The look of spiralized food is really appealing. This is the I use from OXO.
Boil your noodles. They only take a few minutes. Drain and rinse.
Last up is prepping your dressing. Fresh ginger isn't essential, but pretty important. The fresh ginger just tastes better in this dressing!
Add other ingredients.
For some reason I always prefer to mix my dressings in a mason jar. All you need is the container you are mixing it in, that's it.
Toss with your veggies. If you have used the spiralized veggies, just be careful not to break them up while you are mixing.
I topped mine with roasted peanuts and sesame seeds.
I hope you will give this tasty soba noodle salad with fresh ginger dressing a chance. I think you will love it!
I also like to use greens onions to top it with or even cashews. There are plenty of options.
You really can throw just about anything in this salad. It is what I love about salads like this!
This salad was born from the need to use up some veggies that were getting close to being past their prime in the fridge.
Soba Noodle Salad with Ginger dressing
- 3 cups spiralized cucumbers if they are sliced, you will only need about 3 cups
- 2 cups cooked soba noodles
- 2 cups assorted fresh veggies I used, bell pepper, carrots, edamame, cabbage etc. This is great for using any veggies of choice!
- peanuts for topping. optional
- sesame seeds for topping. Also optional
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh grated
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat water to boil on cooktop.While it is heating, start prepping veggies. I spiralized my cucumbers, but this certainly isn't necessary. Place all veggies in bowl.Add soba noodles to boiling water. Cook according to directions. It doesn't take long. Drain in a colander and rinse in cool water. Combine the noodles and veggies. Be sure to mix carefully. You don't want the cucumbers to break up. Prepare dressing. I like to add all ingredients to mason jar and shake well. Drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and peanuts, if you using. Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!