I love a good Thai salad, and adding quinoa adds a whole new dimension. It is so good! I think you will love it.
I like a good base of green and red cabbage, throw in some carrots, cilantro, quinoa and bell peppers. Mix them all together. In a separate bowl mix dressing, drizzle over the salad and well. Top with nuts. I used peanuts this time, but also love cashews if you have them.
That’s it. So simple, right? If you need to prepare this in advance, prep all ingredients for the salad. Mix the dressing separate. Right before you serve, mix them together. If you prefer, mix a big batch of salad. Add the dressing as needed to smaller batches each day. It is a great healthy lunch for work or a quick meal.
Isn’t it such a gorgeous salad!!
Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!
Thai Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated or thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, rough chop
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts or cashews
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh shredded ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Mix all ingredients for salad in a bowl. Mix all ingredients for dressing a separate, small bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad, and mix well. Serve immediately. Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!!