Do you want a super simple, high protein meal? This might be the one of the easiest you will find. It is done, start to finish, in under 10 minutes. I think that is pretty good!
Simply drain your tuna. Mix it with greek yogurt, salt and pepper.
Spoon it on top of the bread of choice, I used a sourdough. I usually use a multigrain, but the sourdough is what I had this day, and it was awesome!
I like tomatoes on mine, so I top the tuna with sliced beefsteak tomatoes.
Then top with cheese. We used a mozzarella for my youngest, and pepper jack for the rest of us.
Broil it on the lowest shelf until the cheese is golden, and the tuna is heated through.
That’s it! It’s that simple, and that healthy.
Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!
- 2 12 ounce cans tuna, drained well.
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt I used a nonfat, to keep calories down and protein up.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices bread of choice Generally I like a whole wheat multigrain, but this time I used a sourdough. It was delicious!
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheese This will be a variable. If you want less cheese, add less. If you want more, you can add that as well.
- Turn oven on broil.Line baking sheet with parchment. Combine tuna, Greek Yogurt and salt and pepper to taste. Spread tuna mixture on top of bread. Top tuna with tomato slices, if you are using them. I also like it with sliced red onions.Last is the grated cheese. Broil until golden brown. Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!