Simple Artichoke and Spinach Galette
Are you looking for the perfect savory galette? This artichoke and spinach galette is it. It is simple to make and totally delicious.
Prep Time15 minutes mins
Cook Time15 minutes mins
Total Time30 minutes mins
Course: Main Course
Keyword: artichoke and spinach galette, artichoke galette, artichoke recipes, savory galette, simple galette
- 1 recipe pie crust, chilled and ready to go I included 2 pie recipes in this post. My partial wheat recipe is my favorite. If you prefer, you can alwats buy one as well.
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced in ¼ inch slices or more or less. That is up to you and how much you want in the galette
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3-6 canned artichokes I cut mine in half, but you can cut them in quarters or even smaller if you prefer.
- ½ cup rough chop walnuts
- ⅔ cup bleu cheese crumles
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 2 tablespoons milk for egg wash
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll pie dough into a rough 18-20 inch circles. Place the pie dough on the baking sheet and move to the fridge.Mix your egg and milk in a small bowl. Make sure and mix it well, this will be your egg wash.Heat the olive oil in a saute pan. Add your spinach. Cook for 1 minute, then add your garlic. Cook another 2 minutes, remove from heat. Allow it to cool just a minute or 2.Remove the pie dough from the fridge. Line the center 12-14 inches with the slices of mozzarella. Spread the spinach over the mozzarella, then add your artichoke hearts. Spread them across the surface evenly.Last up is the walnuts and bleu cheese crumbles.Start folding in your edges, 2-4 inches at a time, pleating as you work your way around. I also like to press those pleats gently, so they stay closed while baking.Brush the edges with your egg wash.Place in oven.Bake until the edges are a beautiful golden brown and the cheeses on the filling have melted.Remove from oven. It is delicious served right away. It is also really good reheated. If you are keeping this for leftovers, make sure and wrap well with saran wrap or in a tupperware container. It will hold well in the fridge for up to 5 days! Simply reheat in the oven or in the microwave oven.Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!