Simple Taco Tot Casserole
You will love this simple and delicious taco tot casserole
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 5 15 ounce cans black beans or about 6 cups cooked
- 1 15 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup your favorite red salsa
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper Depending on how spicy you like it
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- salt Measurement based on taste. This will depend on how salty your enchilada sauce is.
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 4-6 cups tater tots of choice
- toppings of choice I used lettuce, red onions, olives, cilantro, tomatoes, avocados, and sour cream. This is a personal preference.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.Cook ground beef in a good-sized skillet. Once it is cooked, add in your black beans, enchilada sauce, salsa, and seasonings. Add in ½ teaspoon salt. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until it is hot. Taste for saltiness. Add more as needed. Pour mixture into a 9x13 pan. Top with your grated cheese, then line with your tater tots. Bake for 10-15 minutes. The tots should be golden brown and the mixture under bubbly. Remove from oven and top with toppings. Serve immediately.Now, if you are using this for meal prep. Cook your filling then allow to cool. Once it is cooled, wrap and place in the fridge for 4-6 days. Top with the tots before baking. Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!