Simple Sprouted Oat Pancakes
You will love these light and tender pancakes. They are the perfect gluten-free option!
Servings: 10 pancakes
- 2 cups sprouted oat flour you can also use oat flour if you prefer. Make sure and use the spoon and measure method. Spoon it into your measuring cup and level. You do this to keep your measurements light, instead of compacted flours.
- ¼ cup powdered buttermilk
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon xanthan gum again, optional, but I love the texture using it. If you don't use it, the pancakes can tend to be a little crumbly.
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil or melted butter
- 1 cup water
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. In another smaller bowl, combine the eggs, oil or butter, and water. Preheat your griddle or pan. If you are using an electric griddle, preheat to 350 degrees. Combine the wet and dry, mixing only to combine. DO NOT OVERMIX. You only want to mix until it comes together. Butter your pan or griddle to prepare for cooking. Ladle your batter onto the preheated griddle or pan. Cook until the pancakes are golden brown on each side.I think these are best served right away, but you can also freeze them for meal prep and reheat in the microwave.Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!