Simple Shrimp and Avocado Crostini
If you are looking for a delicious shrimp appetizer, let me tell you about this avocado and shrimp crostini. It is simple to make and so tasty!
- 12 large shrimp
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper you can use less if you prefer it less spicy
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large avocado mine was a good size, once I cut it out and cubed it, it was a little over a cup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1 baguette
- 1 tomato thinly sliced and slices cut in half to fit the bread
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil for tasting baguettes.
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
Combine all spices. Spice generously over over the shrimp. Heat your skillet over medium heat until it is hot. Add your olive oil to the pan and swirl it around. Then add in your shrimp. Cook for about 1-3 minutes per side. You do not want to overcook. For mine, I cooked just a little over a minute on each side. Once they are cooked on both sides, remove from pan and set aside. Mix your avocado and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Next, brush your sliced baguette with olive oil. I also like to sprinkle with a touch of salt as well. Place the slices on your baking sheet and bake until the bread is golden brown.Next, start assembling! Add a tablespoon or 2 of the avocado mix to the bread. Then lay on your sliced tomato. Next up is the shrimp, and lastly sprinkle with a little chopped cilantro. That is it and your done! These are best made, served, and eaten within 2 hours. Otherwise the bread gets a little soggy!Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it.