Are you looking for an easy dinner or appetizer? These steak bites are it, they are so simple to make!
- 1.5 pounds steak I used filet mignon, but you can also ribeye, sirloin, flank, or skirt steak
- 2-3 tablespoons Back of the Yard Seasoning You can also use your favorite steak seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt you might need more than this depending on how salty your seasoning is
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups mushrooms cut in half or quarters
Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat. You will want it to be pretty hot, just under smoking. Add your oil, swirling it to heat it in the pan.
Cut your steak into 1-2 inch chunks. Season with the seasoning and salt.
Add you steak chunks to the pan. Cook, turning once for about 5 minutes.
Next, add in butter and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally for another 2 minutes. Remove the beef from the pan.
Add your mushrooms to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add back in your beef and continue to cook another few minutes. That is it!
Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!
- Whatever cut of beef you choose to use, make sure you don't overcook it. These little chunks are really small and will cook quickly. Don't walk away and forget them. Otherwise, you will be chewing on a tough piece of beef!
- I used the Back of the Yard seasoning, but you can use any steak seasoning you like.
- If you are serving these as an appetizer, simply thread them through a toothpick for serving once they are cooked. You can do the same with mushrooms.
- Don't skip the butter- unless you have a dairy intolerance. If not, it really makes the beef!