Overnight Oats with Protein Powder
Getting a healthy start to your day is essential. Adding extra protein powder to your overnight oats is a great way to add more balance to your diet. This recipe is simple to do and great for meal prep.
- 2 cups regular oats
- 1 ½ tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 cups milk of choice
- 2-3 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 1-2 cups fruit of choice
- maple syrup or other sweetner of choice. I left the measurement here blank. It is up to you how sweet you like it. I used about 3 tablespoons.
Add oats and chia seeds to a bowl.
Heat milk in microwave safe bowl until heated but not boiling. Mine took about 2 minutes.
Pour the milk over the oats, protein powder, and chia seeds. Then, mix to combine.
Cover the oats with saran wrap and leave them at room temp for about 10 minutes.
Move them to the fridge and let them sit overnight.
Mix oats. Add in maple syrup and more milk as needed. Mix again and taste for sweetness.
Layer the oats with your fruits if you are using them, or other nuts and berries.
- It is very important that you use regular oats in this recipe. Quick-cooking and steel-cut oats will not work. The quick-cooking oats will turn to mush and the steel-cut oats won't soften enough overnight.
- I used strawberries and blueberries in these photos, but know you can use whatever fruit you like. Or if you want to skip the fruit, add in extra nuts and seeds. I love using pepitas and unsweetened coconut to mine too.
- Many people have really strong preferences of what type of protein powder they use. I used Domination, but use whatever you prefer and have access to.
- These oats are best if you let them sit overnight, for around 8-10 hours. You can heat them in the morning if you'd like, but I prefer mine cold.