Simple and Healthy Apple Slaw
If you are looking for a great side dish to serve at your next BBQ, family get-together, or just for you, this is the recipe. It is simple to make, delicious, and so healthy!!
- 4-6 cups thinly sliced cabbage I used a mix of green and purple cabbage
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onions
- 2 cups chopped apples
- ½ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayo I like to use just a little mayo for a more creamy dressing, you can skip this if you prefer
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- salt and pepper to taste.
- milk you can add a little milk if you want to thin your dressing slightly. I used about a tablespoon in mine
Combine all the veggies and apples in a large bowl.
Combine the yogurt, mayo, celery seeds, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper in small bowl. Taste the dressing. I don't like my dressing super sweet, so I added a littl more salt. I also added milk to thin it a touch. Mix it well.
Pour over the veggies and apples and mix well to combine all.
This is great served right away, but I also love to let it marinate all together for at least an hour before serving.
It will hold well in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3-4 days. It is best eaten within 2 though, in my personal opinon.
Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!