How to make cranberry jalapeno jelly
Let me show you just how simple cranberry jalapeno jelly can be to make from scratch.
- 3 cup fresh cranberries 1- 12 ounce bag
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped bell pepper
- 4 jalapenos make sure and use gloves while you are cutting them up.
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper optional for added spice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 pounches liquid pectin
Add all ingredients to a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Mix occasionally. Cook for about 5 minutes after it comes to a boil.
The cranberries should be burst and the sugar dissolved. You have 2 options at this point. You can leave it chunky like it is, or you can throw it in a food processor or blender. Pulse just a couple of times.
Add the hot liquid back to the saucepan and return heat to medium. Once it comes to a low boil, add in the packets of pectin and mix for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and it is done! You can let it cool or package it in the fridge, or you can water bath as described in the post.
You are done. Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!