Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
I am so excited to share my favorite salad dressing with you. This is poppy seed salad dressing is a perfect blend of balsamic vinegar, maple, and poppy seeds!
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- dash salt
Combine all ingredients in a mason jar or small bowl. Start with ⅛ teaspoon of salt.
Mix or shake until the dressing is well combined. Taste and adjust the salt as needed.
That is it! You are done and ready to use this dressing however you like!
Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it.
- Let me just say, with balsamic vinegar becoming so popular, there is an unlimited variety to choose from. In this recipe, I used dark balsamic. If you have an olive oil and vinegar taproom close to you, I recommend checking them out and tasting different types of vinegar to see what you like.
- If you don't want to spend the extra on a fancy type of vinegar, grab one at your local grocery store. I have used a lot of different kinds for this recipe, and so many are really good!
- The vinegar is the dominant flavor in this recipe, so make sure it is the kind you like.
- Olive oil is also an important flavor, so be mindful of what you use.
- If you don't want to use maple syrup in the vinaigrette, you can use honey instead. Or if you don't mind using granulated sugar, that works as well. I would say only use 1 ½ tablespoons of granulated though.
- This will hold well in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Just make sure and shake or mix well before serving.
- If the olive oil has solidified a bit, let it come to room temp. Or you can also pop it in the microwave for just a few seconds.