Oat Groats Instant Pot Recipe
If you are looking for a healthy, simple, and delicious breakfast, these oat groats cooked in the instant pot are it!
- 4 ½ cups water
- 2 cups oat groats
- ½ teaspoon salt
- toppings of choice I love to use pure maple syrup, apples, and nuts of some kind. You can also use seeds, dried fruits, etc.
Add the oats, water, and salt to your pressure cooker. Place the lid on and set to seal. Then set the cooking time to 18 minutes.
Once it is finished cooking, let it natural release for about 8-10 minutes.
Finish releasing pressure and carefully remove the lid. If there is still a lot of liquid, you can either turn it on saute and let it cook out (make sure to keep an eye on this and mix as it can burn quickly), or you can drain the water off.
Top with whatever toppings you like. I always add maple syrup, a touch of heavy cream, and some kind of nuts. There are a lot of options!
Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!
- This recipe is really simple to make, but let me share a few tips.
- First, make sure your lid is sealed before walking away. It seems like a silly thing, but I cannot even tell you how many times I have done this!
- Be sure to let the oats release naturally. They will continue to cook and hydrate during that time, so don’t cut them off!
- I don’t add milk products during cooking time. I will occasionally get the burn notice if I do, so I just switched to cooking them with water.
- These oat groats will hold in your fridge for at least a week after cooking. They reheat well, so it makes a great meal prep!