Simple Shrimp Cucumber Salad Recipe
If you are looking for a delicious and healthy salad idea, give this shrimp cucumber salad a try!
- 3 cups cucumbers chopped
- 1 pound medium-sized raw shrimp
- ½ cup chopped bell peppers
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes I used grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1-3 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
Bring about 4 cups of water to a boil in a medium-sized pan. Add the shrimp and cook for about 1-2 minutes. It won't take long. Otherwise, the shrimp will get rubbery.
Remove from the heat, drain, and rinse with cold water. I cut my shrimp in half, but you can also leave them whole if you like.
Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
That is it! The salad is done. I told you this would be easy!
- Here are a few notes on the salad. For the shrimp, I like to use raw shrimp and cook it. I know it is an extra step, but I really think it is worth it. The shrimp is best thawed first. Place the bag in the fridge the night before you plan on making the salad.
- Remember to only boil for about 1-2 minutes. They will cook quickly. Remove them from the heat, drain, and rinse with cold water. You want that cooking to stop right away.
- This salad is best eaten the same day you make it. You will get the best quality of eating on this salad within 6-8 hours. Do not use this for meal prep.
- You can add in any other veggies you like. I kept mine pretty simple, but you can add mushrooms, greens, shredded carrots, cheese, etc. Be creative!