Mediterranean white bean salad
This delicious and healthy Mediterranean Salad is perfect for you next Mediterranean meal. It is so simple to make and so delicious!
- 2 15 ounce white bean
- 2 cups sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup sliced tomatoes
- ¾ cups chopped bell peppers
- ½ cup quartered artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried oregano
- salt and pepper start with 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup crumbled feta mix ½ cup in, reserve ¼ cup to sprinkle on the top.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. On the feta cheese, only add ½ cup, the ¼ cup will be sprinkled on top. With the salt, start with 1 teaspoon, and ½ teaspoon of black pepper.
Mix gently with a rubber spatula. Taste and add more lemon, salt, or pepper as needed.
Pour into your serving bowl and sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup of feta cheese. That is it! You are done. Now, sit back and enjoy.
- Make sure to drain your beans and rinse. The beans can be a little slimy if you don't, so this step is a must.
- If you don't have or can't find cannellini beans, you can always use the smaller great northern bean or even Butterbeans. The butterbeans are a larger bean, but if that is what you like, go for it!
- This salad holds well for about 3 days. The cucumbers and tomatoes will get a little soft by the 3rd day, but the salad still tastes really good!
- To change up this salad is no problem. You can always add in kalamata olives, green olives, or even black olives if you like.
- Parsley is another great herb to add to this salad. Chop it finely and add it in. Thyme and basil are also really good in this salad if you want to mix it up a bit.