Cherry almond quick bread
If you are looking for a great recipe for using cherries in a baked good. Look no further, this bread is amazing.
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour I also prefer to use whole wheat pastry flour. This is up to you. It can also be made into gluten free by simply switching all purpose out for gluten free flour blend.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup neutral flavored oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk I used vanilla nonfat almond milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar you can also use plain sugar, coconut or even turbinado sugar.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Prepare baking pan, I used a 8x4 pan. Grease well and set aside.In small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.In a larger bowl, combine oil, egg, milk, yogurt and vanilla.Combine to the dry and wet ingredients, mixing only until combined. Be careful not to over mix. Add chopped cherries and slices almonds. Fold carefully. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle top with sugar.Bake until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out almost clean. I always pull my quick bread loaves out a little early, they will continue to bake even after it's out of the oven. If you pull it out when it's completely done, it will dry out as it continues to bake. I like to let mine cool for at least 15-20 minutes before slicing. If you can't resist, jump in as soon as you can!!Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it.