Double chocolate cherry muffins
While calling these muffins is a bit of a stretch, maybe cupcakes would be more appropriate, you will love these no matter what you choose to call them. The chocolate cherry combo is the best!
Servings: 12 servings
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup ricotta I used lowfat, but whole is also great!
- ⅔ cup sugar You can use your sugar of choice here.
- ½ cup milk I used almond milk, but use the milk you prefer.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted You can also use any other neutral oil you prefer.
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour I prefer whole wheat pastry.
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder I like Hershey's special dark
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup fresh cherries, chopped
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips I also like dark chocolate chips!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Prepare pan. You can either use a loaf pan, muffin pan, or square brownie pan like I used. Spray well, so the muffins won't stick. Set aside.Combine the ricotta, sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla and butter in bowl. In separate smaller bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.Combine wet and dry, careful not to over mix. Add in chopped cherries and chocolate chips. Fold to combine. Bake until toothpick inserted comes out almost clean. These will continue to bake even after you pull them out. Allow to cool, or eat immediately. Your choice!Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!