Strawberry Lime Mini Donuts
This is another delicious mini donut combo. I absolutely love the strawberry lime combo. It is so good!!
Servings: 36 servings
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour You can also use a regular all purpose flour, or even a gluten free flour.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar can also be subbed for coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup almond milk or other milk of choice. I generally use the unsweetened almond milk as it is lower in calories. If you prefer a cow milk, that's great.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon melted butter or other fat of choice.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup chopped strawberries I generally cut them fairly small. You don't want big chunks of strawberries in the small donut pans.
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely ground freeze dried strawberries I did mine in my mini food processor.
- lime juice this will be a variable. It depends on how thick or thin you will want your glaze to be.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Spray donut pans.Combine the whole wheat flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl and set aside. In another larger bowl, combine the milk, eggs, vanilla, melted butter. Combine wet with dry and mix just to combine. Next add in the strawberries and lime zest. Careful not to overmix. Pipe into pans, or spoon in. I find the piping easier. Bake for 5-7 minutes, they will bake quickly. Remove from pan as soon as you are able. They will sweat in the pan, and you don't want that. Glaze when they have had a few minutes to cool. I let mine cool about 10 minutes, it doesn't take long. Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!