Banana Zucchini Bread
Another Zucchini bread (or another banana bread, depending on how you look at it) variation. This is flavorful, moist and simple to throw together.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour You can also use an all purpose or gluten free if you prefer.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup neutral flavored oil or butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar you can also use granulated, coconut or even maple syrup if you prefer
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated zucchini squeeze to remove liquid
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed about 2 bananas. If you have 3, you can definitely use all 3.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Prep pan of choice. You can use the square brownie pans like I did, regular muffin pans, or even an 8x10 pan. Any are a great option.In small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.In another, larger bowl, add oil, sugar and egg. Mix to combine. Add in zucchini and mashed bananas. Mix to combine. Add in dry ingredients, at this point be careful not to overmix. You don't want tough muffins!Divide or pour into pans. Bake until toothpick inserted comes out almost clean, Remember baked good will continue to bake after they are removed from the oven. These square one I made took about 12 minutes, if that gives you a better idea. Allow to cool if you choose, or dig right into them!Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!