Chicken Enchilada Soup- Pressure cooker recipe
This recipe is a lovely quick meal. It's flavorful and so tasty! Start to finish, it took about 45-50 minutes. Although the cook time is only about 25 minutes, it takes about 5-10 minutes to eat up. Then there is the pressure release time.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2-3 chicken breasts You can either chop these like I did, or leave them whole and shred at the end.
- 4 cups black beans You can either use canned or do your own in the pressure cooker.
- 1-2 cups corn
- 1 ½-2 cups enchilada sauce see recipe below if you are wanting to make your own. Or, use your favorite canned variety.
- ½ onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper Depends on how spicy you like it. If you aren't into spicy food, omit the cayenne.
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 cups chicken or veggie stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
Add all ingredients to pressure cooker, except the evaporated milk. Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. Do the natural release for about 5 minutes, then go ahead and CAREFULLY do the quick pressure release. Remove lid and unplug. Stir in evaporated milk, plate and serve immediately. We like to top ours with avocados, red onions and pepper jack cheese. We also love chips or charred tortillas with it. Now, sit back and you deserve it!!