Green chili and cheese biscuits- whole grain
These tender, flaky and flavorful biscuits will have you raving! They are so amazing.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2-3/4 cup diced green chilis
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks keep them chilled.
- 1/4-1/3 cup milk
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.Line baking dish with with parchment.Place flour, baking powder, cumin, salt and black pepper into food processor. Pulse to combine.Add in butter, and pulse only a few seconds to combine.Next is the milk, jack cheese and green chilis. Pulse again just for a few seconds to combine. Scoop biscuit dough onto pan. I like to press mine lightly. Bake until golden brown. I can tell you the smell coming from your oven will be amazing. No one will be able to resist!!Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!