Simple Hot Cocoa Mix with Creamer
This is a simple hot cocoa mix. Adding in the coffee creamer on top of the powdered milk, makes for the creamiest hot cocoa.
- 4 cups powdered milk
- 3 cup powdered sugar you can also use granulated, but I prefer powdered. It blends better.
- 2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder My cocoa of choice is always the Hershey special dark. Use any cocoa you prefer though.
- 1 cup powdered non dairy creamer I used the Coffee mate original, but there are tons of flavors out there to try. Sky is limit here!
- 1 ½ teaspoon pure powdered vanilla
Combine all ingredients in a bowl large enough to mix in. Mix with a wire whisk until well combined. Store in airtight container until ready for use. Add ⅓ cup cocoa to ¾ cup boiling (or hot) water. Mix well. Top with your favorite toppings. Mine is whipped cream and maybe a little grated chocolate. That's it. My boys will top it with anything and everything. If you are giving it away as a gift, package any way you choose. Your friends, family and coworkers will love you!
- Everyone in our family adds a different amount of mix to their hot cocoa, but you can plan on about 2 tablespoons to ¼ cup of mix per 1 cup hot water.
- Make sure and mix this really well. I used a whisk and mixed it for about a minute to ensure it was evenly distributed. You can also throw this in a food processor or blender.
- For an even creamier and sweeter mix, you can add in a few cups of chocolate chips. The type you add depends on your preference. I love dark chocolate, but you can add anything from white to dark chocolate.
- This is best used within about 3-4 weeks.