This is simple, healthy version of tsatsiki. It makes a great addition to any Greek or Meditteranean dish!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons olive oil This is optional. I like the flavor of it, but it certainly doesn't have to be added.
- 2/3 cup grated cucumbers, squeezed the remove all liquid If you don't squeeze the liquid out, you will end up with a very runny tsatsiki, which is not very good. You can see how I do this in the video.
- fresh lemon juice I am not putting amounts on here, as I think everyone has their own personal preferences with this.
- salt and pepper to taste. Again, this will be a personal choice.
Add yogurt, garlic, olive oil and cucumbers to bowl. Next is the variable part of the recipe. A good place to start with the lemon juice, salt and pepper is 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Go from there and adjust as you like it. I have eaten tsatsiki so many different ways, there must be a lot of different preferences out there!This is so good served as an appetizer with warmed pita bread, with a grain bowl as shown in the photo, or even with grilled chicken, beef or shrimp.Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!