Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
This tasty whole grain cookies are something everyone should have in their life!
Servings: 36 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter you can use chunky or creamy. I used creamy, as that is what my kids like.
- 1 cup brown sugar I love to use dark brown sugar here, but if you prefer light brown, us it!
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½-2 cups chocolate chunks or chips I prefer semi sweet or dark chocolate, but use whatever type of chocolate you are into.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Line 3 sheet pans with parchment paper. Set aside.In small bowl, mix flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.Add butter and sugars to mixing bowl. I used my Bosch mixer, but you can also use a hand mixer or even mix by hand (it's a great workout). Mix on medium speed until it is light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. At this point, only mix until it comes together. Add dry ingredients and mix again. Same thing here, only mix to combine. It is important not to over mix, this will produce tough baked goods. On my stand mixer, it took about 5 seconds. Last up is the chocolate. Make sure and mix until it is evenly distributed. I like to refrigerate this dough for about 30 minutes to an hour. Scoop cookies onto baking sheet. I baked mine in a 3x4 pattern. 3 width wise, 4 lengthwise. For the pans not ready to go in the oven, place them in the fridge and have them wait their turn.I like my cookies very soft, so I bake mine about 8-10 minutes. I look for coloring on the edges. As soon as it is lightly browned, they are ready for me. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. With a metal spatula carefully remove from pan, and if you can stand to not eat them all right away, allow them to cool. Now, sit back and enjoy. These cookies are certainly worth it!