Pressure cooker Mexican chicken
This simple Mexican pulled chicken is made in the pressure cooker and it so easy to make and so delicious!!
Servings: 14 servings
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa This can be a salsa of choice. I had a homemade spicy salsa, that is what we love! You can use whatever salsa you like.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2-3 teaspoons chili powder The variation in measurement will depend on how spicy you want your chicken to be. Most chili powders aren't too spicy, so we added 3 in ours.
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper This is optional, depending on your heat tolerance.
- salt and pepper to taste I add 2 teaspoons of salt to begin with, then add the rest after it has reduced, if needed. With the pepper I use about 1/2 teaspoon to start and add more at the end if I want.
Add you chicken, salsa, water, garlic, and spices to pressure cooker. I only add 2 teaspoons to of salt to begin with. After it has cooked, you can add in more if needed. Secure lid on pressure cooker and set to high pressure, set time to 12 minutes. Make sure your pressure valve is closed, I really hate it when you go in to check on the pot only to find the valve was open and it hadn't started the pressure cook yet!!Once it has finished cooking, so the quick release. Just be careful here, that is a lot of steam released. Now, shred your chicken and turn the pressure cooker to saute. I love to have my sauce reduced, and to do this it needs to be set to saute and cook down. Depending on how hot your saute setting is, it should take between 5-15 minutes. Mix occasionally to ensure it doesn't burn on the bottom. How much sauce you leave is up to you. Now, taste the chicken and adjust seasoning as needed.This recipe is perfect for big batch cooking, so add in a few more breasts if wanted. Now, use this chicken however you want. Tacos, burritos, tostadas, nachos, bowl etc. It is good in all of them.Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!