Grilled Chicken Shawarma
The flavorful Chicken dish is perfect for any meal you are planning. It is simple to make in bulk and have plenty for leftovers.
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- dash cinnamon
- ½-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper We like it spicier, so we used 1 teaspoon.
- 2 ½-3 pounds chicken thighs, boneless skinless do not trim fat, we can do that after grilling
Combine all ingredients but chicken in medium sized bowl and mix well. Add in chicken thighs and mix until all chicken is covered. Cover bowl with saran wrap and place in the fridge. Let this marinate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight. Mine was marinated for 4 hours. Remove from fridge. Heat grill to about 500-600 degrees. You can oil you grates if needed, mine didn't. Add the thicken thighs, making sure they are spread for even grilling. Grill until the are cooked through and lightly charred. Flip and repeat process on other side. Remove from heat and allow to sit, covered, for about 5 minutes or so. Slice and serve as desired. We served ours in naan with tons of veggies and tsatsiki!Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!