Creamy and Spicy jalapeno Ranch Dressing
This simple to make dressing is a great way to spice up any salad or buddha bowl.
Servings: 4 servings
- ¾ cup sour cream You can also use a plain Greek yogurt. I love that as well, but prefer the sour cream
- ¼ cup mayo you can use all sour cream if you prefer, but I really like a little mayo in there as well.
- 1 ½-2 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼-3/4 cup fresh or pickled jalapenos This will of course depend on your preference for heat. I love fresh jalapenos
- 1 cup cilantro, just cut off the top 4 inches of the bunch you buy
- 2 tablespoon2 fresh lime juice
Cut the tops off the jalapenos, then cut them in half lengthwise. Remove all seeds.
Add them to a food processor or blender and pulse until they are broken up into small pieces.
Add in remaining ingredients into the food processor and blend. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, and lime juice as needed.
That is it! Done in under 10 minutes.
- First of all, if you aren't using hot peppers, be careful. If you have gloves, use them. If not, I didn't, work quickly and wash your hands frequently. Make sure and pay special attention to fingernails and under them.
- Use a food processor or blender for mixing. I used a Cuisinart Food Processor, I love it as it has a good powerful motor that will blend all ingredients well. You can also use a blender if you prefer. I like my dressing to be pretty smooth and creamy, and the food processor and blender make it this way.
- Then you just throw everything in the food processor. Blend for about 30 seconds and it is done!! I told you it was simple and I wasn't kidding!
- I love to use fresh jalapenos as the flavor is better. If you don't have those on hand, you can always use canned jalapenos.
- It holds well in the fridge for at least 4-5 days. Just make sure it is in an airtight container.
- One of the really great things about this dip it can be made well in advance of when you are needing it, making it perfect for a get-together or even meal prep.