Fresh Vietnamese Veggie and Sprout Salad
This simple salad is loaded with so many good and healthy veggies you won't be able to resist!
Servings: 6 serving
- 6 ounces thin rice noodles I was limited in what I could find, so I used pad thai noodles and broke them into smaller sections. Cook as directed. Rinse well with cold water and set aside to drain while you prep veggies.
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 3 cups cucumber cut into thin strips
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup green onions, 1/8-1/4 inch sections
- 1/2 cup radishes cut into thin strips like the cucumbers. Or you can cut them however you choose :)
- 1/2 cup lightly salted peanuts
- 1-2 cups sprouts I used an alfalfa/clover mix
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey or sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons chili sauce I like this a little spicy, so we use about 3 teaspoons. If you don't like it spicy, reduce to one teaspoons or leave it out all together.
Combine all veggies and noodles in bowl. Combine fish sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, garlic and chili sauce into small bowl and whisk.Pour dressing over the salad and mix well. This salad is best eaten quickly. It will hold over night, but the veggies definitely get a little soggy. If that doesn't bother you, then double the batch and use it for meal prep!Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!