Spicy corn and summer veggie chowder
This amazing chowder puts so many great summer veggies to use all in one delicious bowl!
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups fresh corn
- 2 cups other mixed veggies I used broccoli and zucchini, but there are so many other veggies that would be really good as well!
- 4 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1-3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 cans unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup sliced green onions for topping
Heat olive oil in thick bottom pan. Heat oven medium heat.Add onions, carrots, celery, and bell peppers. Saute for about 7 minutes. Add remaining veggies and garlic. Saute again for about 5 minutes. Next is the vegetable or chicken stock. Increase heat to high, bring to a boil, and cook another 3-5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne and paprika. This soup does not need much seasoning as the veggies provide so much of it! Last, is the coconut milk. Add and heat.Now, to thicken the chowder slightly, place about 2-3 cups of the soup, mostly veggies in a food processor or blender. Pulse to puree, then add it back in to the chowder.