You don't want to miss this epic salmon burger!
This really is an epic salmon burger. It is loaded with goodness and then piled high with even more goodness. You don't want to miss this!
- 4 cups flaked salmon
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup Panko This is my recommendation, but you can also use bread crumbs or even crushed saltines if you prefer.
- 1 teaspoon salt my canned salmon is salted, so I don't add much. If your canned salmon isn't salted, add in at least another ½ teaspoon of salt.
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-3 teaspoons cayenne pepper If you like spice, go heavy on the cayenne pepper. If you don't, go light!
- 1-2 tablespoons butter or oil for greasing pan you will cook in
Begin by flaking your salmon in medium sized bowl. To flake your salmon means to break it apart with a fork. You want fairly small pieces, then everything will blend well. Heat griddle to 400 degrees or pan over medium- high heat,you want them to be hot when you are ready to cook the patties. Now, add remaining ingredients to salmon and mix well. Form into patties, making sure to press well and firmly. This will ensure the patties will stick together when you are cooking them.Spread your butter or oil on griddle or skillet. Immediately add the salmon burgers carefully. They are kind of fragile at this point. Cook for 3-5 minutes per side. You don't want to overcook these, you just want a golden brown color. Cook on the other side. Remove and serve immediately. We love avocados, onions, tomatoes, lettuce and jalapeno ranch on our burgers, but certainly dress them how you prefer. Now, you can make these and use them for leftovers. I don't like to reheat though. If I use it for a leftover, I prefer to use them in a salad or something cold. But, if you aren't too picky, go ahead and reheat!Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!