I love veggie fritters, unfortunately, my family doesn't. Because of that, I don't make them as often as I would like to. The other night, I set my family's preferences aside, and focused on my tastes instead :). They still ate them, but it wasn't with any sort of joy. Although I make veggies fritters with any combo of different vegetables, this time I decided to make just zucchini and corn. They were delicious.
Start either with fresh corn, or frozen. If you use frozen, make sure it is thawed first. I love mine right off the cob, because I love to have groups of kernels stuck together.
Next, grate your zucchini and squeeze to remove as much liquid as you can.
Place zucchini, corn, onions, garlic, eggs, seasonings and flour in a bowl.
Place on heated skillet or pan with a good coating of oil or butter.
Flip when they are a deep golden brown.
We served our's with a spicy sriracha sauce.
They are tasty, healthy and even gluten free. It makes a good side, or even snack.
Zucchini and Corn Fritters
- 2-3 cups grated zucchini Make sure and squeeze as much liquid from the zucchini as you can. Also, this is a variable. There is plenty of wiggle room in this recipe.
- 2-3 cups corn another variable.
- ⅓ cup chopped red onions you can use yellow if you prefer
- ½ cup almond flour you can sub in white or wheat if you prefer.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 2 teaspoons salt this is a variable. You may want more or less.
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 eggs
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Heat griddle or pan. Grease generously. Scoop and level. Cook until it is a dark golden brown, and flip. Cook on the other side, the same. We served our's with a spicy sriracha sauce. Mix ½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons sriracha, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon minced garlic.These are best served right away. They get soggy if not eaten quickly. So, they don't hold well, but are simple to make. Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!