Best BLAT Sandwich. Seriously though...is there anything better than a BLAT sandwich? You know, bacon lettuce, avocado, and tomato? I don't think so either. How about a BLAT sandwich with black pepper aioli? Oh yeah, something really good just got even better! **Featured On South Your Mouth Weekend Potluck**.
Ingredients In The Easy BLAT Sandwich
One of the best things about a good BLAT sandwich is how few ingredients it uses. I did use a black pepper aioli in mine, but if you prefer, you can always just use mayo!
- Bread- I used Texas Toast for this. I love the thick slices and white bread is kind of a must for BLAT sandwiches. I mean, use whatever you prefer, but this is my choice.
- Thick-Cut Bacon- Again, you can use any type of bacon you want, but I love the thick-cut pepper bacon. Dailys Bacon is a favorite brand in our house.
- Tomatoes- I used some beautiful heirloom tomatoes, as I love their flavor. Any beefsteak tomato will do though, I love the size and flavor!
- Avocados- This is what makes this sandwich different from the traditional BLT. Make sure they are ripe, but not too mushy.
- Lettuce- A good baby green is what I like to use.
- Mayo or Aioli- We love the black pepper aioli for our spread, but you can always go with the straight mayo if you prefer.
Making the black pepper aioli
I started the sandwiches with the black pepper aioli. It is simple to throw together, and so tasty! So, start with mayo or Greek yogurt. I usually use Greek yogurt, but this time, for the hubs, we went full fat. I'm not going to lie though, I was loving it too.
Next, let's get the bacon party started. We love thick-cut black pepper bacon. I picked up this Daily's bacon at our local Walmart and it was so good! I cut it in half for cooking, this was the perfect size for our bread.
Prepping the veggies
While the bacon is cooking, prep the veggies. Red onions are a must for us.
Then a big fat juicy heirloom tomato. I like it thick sliced for BLAT sandwiches.
Assembling The BLAT Sandwiches
Toast your Texas toast. Layer with the sliced avocados.
Next up is that thicc boi bacon! I loaded this sandwich up with 4 slices, and it was perfect.
Now is the perfect time to add the sliced tomatoes.
I ALWAYS salt my tomatoes, but that is a personal preference.
Red onions a generous topping of the black pepper aoli. Last up the lettuce of choice.
The Final Product
Can you just imagine how tasty this sandwich is?? No? Make one for yourself!!
I promise, any amount of time it takes to put this together is well worth it!
Looking for another super simple recipe? What about this sheet pan sausage and sweet potato dinner?
Side note- we have also served these with regular mayo, which was delicious. Another favorite is chipotle mayo. Now that is tasty! There are plenty of options!
Black Pepper Aoli
- ½ cup mayo You can swap this out for nonfat plain Greek yogurt, it is so much healthier. The full fat version is much tastier though!
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice If you don't like a strong lemon flavor, go with 1-2 teaspoons to start
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper you can use more if you want!
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.Serve on your favorite sandwich. Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!