Butter Pecan Cookies. Making cookies every day this time of year just feels right. Chocolate chip cookies are a staple around here, but it's good to have variety too! Today it was another @marthastewart recipe, butter pecan cookies.
These have been a family favorite for almost as long as my husband and I have been married (16 years..). He's southern, so butter and pecan cookies speak to him. Who am I kidding though, I'm Alaskan and they speak to me too. It's another shortbread cookie, so these go together really quick. They also freezer well, so make this dough, scoop it and freeze it. Save your sanity!
Making The Butter Pecan Cookie Dough
The first thing to do is toast your pecans. Why toast the pecans? Flavor. You don't have to toast them, but I promise it will be worth the effort. So, toast them, allow them to cool, them chop for the cookies.
Next up, cream your butter and sugar. It is really important your butter is softened first. Then add in your vanilla, mix. Last is the flour and salt. Mix.
Baking The Butter Pecan Cookies
Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until the edges are a light golden brown.
The Finished Cookie
Here they are, the finished cookies. They are delicious, simple to make, and totally irresistible!
These cookies are the perfect size. At about 80 calories, it's just right!
Other Cookie Recipes
If you are looking for other cookie recipes, let me give you a few ideas. I think you are going to love these!
- If you like shortbread cookies, these blood orange shortbread cookies are ones you will love!
- I also really love spritz cookies, what about you? These are made with whole wheat too, so a little more healthy!
- If chocolate is your thing, how about these Chocolate Rye Cookies?
Simple Butter Pecan Cookies
- ¾ cup toasted pecans You do this by baking the pecans at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes. They will begin to smell "toasted".
- ½ cup softened butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in vanilla and mix again.In a small bowl mix the flour and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix to combine. Scoop onto your baking sheet leaving room for them to spread when they are baking. I did a 3x4 pattern, 12 cookies per baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake until the edges are a light golden brown. If you like your cookies more crispy, go a little longer!Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!