Creamy Lemon Mascarpone Fruit Dip. How about this 4-ingredient dip that takes 5 minutes at the most to put together? It is so simple and uses minimal ingredients. Really, what could be better? You will thank me when you see how easy it is, and when you taste it, you will want to make it over and over! Featured on South Your Mouth Weekend Potluck.
Ingredients In The Creamy Lemon Mascarpone Fruit Dip
One of the best things about this simple fruit dip is that it contains only 4 easy-to-find ingredients. Here they are!
- Mascarpone- Mascarpone is rich Italian cream cheese. If you have never tried it, you really need to. The tang is just perfect in this dip!
- Heavy cream- I use heavy cream because of its higher fat content and it helps make the dip light, fluffy and rich. Make sure to not overmix, however, or else the heavy cream will curdle.
- Lemons- We will be using a combination of lemon zest and lemon juice for the perfect flavoring of this dip.
- Honey- I went for refined sugar-free, so I used honey instead of powdered sugar. the lemon pairs beautifully with the honey and really brings together this recipe.
How To Make The Dip?
This dip comes together in under 5 minutes. I like to mix with a hand or stand mixer, although it can be mixed with a whisk if you don’t have those or do not want to get them out. Simply add all of your ingredients to a bowl and mix until it is creamy, light, and fluffy. I wouldn’t make it more than 4 hours in advance. The reason it can only be prepped so far in advance is you want it to be very creamy when served, so I like to make it as close to when serving time as possible.
Ways To Serve The Cream Lemon Mascarpone Dip
This simple, delicious dip is very versatile and can be served in a variety of different ways. You could serve it on a fruit and cookie tray as I did, or with crepes, or as a filling for cookies for a less sweet option, it is also a good filling for cakes.
- I always make sure that it is well mixed and combined.
- My preference is to serve this Dip right away if possible for the best texture. The longer it sits the more it will set up.
- Make sure not to overmix or else the heavy cream will curdle and separate.
- You could substitute limes for lemons, or if you want more or less of the lemon taste. Make sure to taste it as you are making it and adjust accordingly.
- For a vegan option simply swap the honey for powdered sugar.
This delicious mascarpone dip is a definite crowd-pleaser, but without wasting a lot of prep time! I love this recipe as it is simple and can be made easily with only four ingredients. If you are looking for some other simple dip recipes, let me give you a few suggestions- This Mediterranean Hummus is so good! This Caramel date is also really yummy! This spring pea dip is also so yummy!!
Creamy Lemon Mascarpone Dip
- 8 ounces mascarpone cream cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Place all ingredients in a bowl. Blend until smooth and creamty.You don't want to overmix it as the heavy cream will curdle. Mine took about 2 minutes to be creamed and light and fluffy. Serve with your favorite fruits and cookies. It is a simple appetizer tray, or even a tray at your next brunch. You will love how simple it is to make!