I really feel like you should stop whatever you are doing and make this Delicious Banh Mi Pork Tenderloin Sandwich. I mean, it has it all. Tender and flavorful pork, marinated veggies, and a delicious bun. Come on!!
Making The Delicious Banh Mi Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
The lineup is fairly simple. It can be double too and made into meal prep. So, win/win. Slice your pork, marinated pork, marinate veggies, grill pork, and serve. That’s it. Okay, it takes a little more time, but still really simple.
Marinated Pork Tenderloin
Start by thinly slicing your pork tenderloin. If you prefer, you can also use the loin, but I promise you the tenderloin is so much better. I sliced mine into about 1/8-1/4 inch slices. Place into a bowl or bag for marinating.
Now, start your marinade.
The fish sauce adds such great flavor, it is definitely a must.
As is the spicy chili sauce. Don’t skip! Well, unless you aren’t comfortable with heat in your food, then you really should skip it. 🙂 I always add plenty to our dishes. The link above is to our favorite kind and you can find it just about anywhere.
I also like to mix my marinades and dressing in mason jars. Then cap it and shake until is well mixed in.
Now, pour the marinade over the sliced pork. Mix in and mix well. I like to do this with my hands to ensure each piece is covered. Cover and set aside while you prep the rest of the ingredients. Also, make sure and wash your hands I am a little germaphobe when it comes to meat. I ALWAYS wash thoroughly after handling.
Let’s move on to the veggies. I prep my marinate first. It is a vinegar-based marinade, you really can use any kind you want, but rice vinegar is the most common. It is quick pickling, so they are ready within a few hours.
I used carrots, radishes, and red onions for marinating. You don’t have to slice them as I did, but I wasn’t the shape to match the matchstick carrots I used…so…
We used a lot of veggies on our sandwiches, so I marinated plenty. Add to a mason jar, like I did, or a bowl. I bought my carrots as matchsticks to save on time. Stuff them in as well.
Pour the simple marinade over all.
Shake well to coat all the veggies.
Fresh Vegetables For The Delicious Banh Mi Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
I used fresh cucumbers and cilantro. Simply chop them and slice them fine.
Grilling Or Pan-Frying The Pork Tenderloin?
You can always grill your meat, but I decided to pan-fry mine in the cast iron. It is simple to do this way, but it will be up to you. So, heat your cast iron. Add in oil to coat the bottom. Next, add in your marinaded pork. It will cook quickly if the pan and oil are heated well. Like, 3-5 minutes per side. You don’t want it to dry out.
Assembling The delicious banh mi pork tenderloin sandwich
Now, I didn’t mention it above, but I used a sriracha mayo on this sandwich. The recipe will be included below. You can use whatever bun or bread you choose. We have a great bakery near us and they have some really awesome french bread rolls we love. That is what I used.
Next, layer in that perfect pork. Don’t be shy here, load it up!
Top with all your marinated veggies, cilantro, and cucumbers. Add the top with slathered in more sriracha mayo and it’s done! You might want to make at least 2 for yourself. Although it is filling, it’s hard to not want another!
And seriously though, isn’t it beautiful?? Seriously though, you have got to try these Delicious Banh Mi Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches. They have it all!
If you are looking for more sandwich ideas, I have a few. Sandwiches are a pretty popular menu item in our house!
Delicious Banh Mi Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
- 1 pork tenderloin between 1-2 pounds
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1-3 tablespoons chili sauce I used 3 for mine, but if you don't like spice, maybe use 1.
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup canola oil for frying
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 3 cups matchstick carrots
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Other ingredients for sandwich
- 6 buns of choice
- 2 cups sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup rough chop cilantro
- 3/4 cup sriracha mayo Recipe also included in post.
- Start by marinating your pork. Slice in thin medallions about 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Place in a bowl.Combine remaining ingredients for pork marinade- fish sauce, honey, granulated sugar, black pepper and garlic. Mix well and pour over the pork. I like to mix in the marinade with my hands to ensure it is well mixed, massaging into each piece. Cover with saran wrap and set aside. You can marinate it anywhere from 1 hour to 7 hours. If it is only an hour, leave it on the counter top. If it will be longer, place in the fridge and bring to room temp before cooking. While it is marinating, start the pickled veggies. Add radishes and carrots to a quart mason jar or bowl. Mix pickling solution in a separate container- the rice vinegar, sugar and salt. Pour over the veggies and mix well. Set aside to marinate while the pork is marinating. Once the pork is ready to go, you have 2 options. You can either grill it, which is yummy. Or you can skillet fry it, which is really yummy too! If you are skillet frying, heat your cast iron pan on medium until it is hot. Add the oil and heat this as well. Lay the pieces of tenderloin on the pan. There is so much pork you will need to do this in several batches. Now, fry for about 3 minutes per side. It won't take long. Quickly, and carefully wipe down the pan if needed and start again until all the pork is cooked. Now it's time to assemble the sandwiches. If you are using the sriracha mayo, which I recommend, slather that on the bottom bun. Next add on your pork tenderloin. Top that with plenty of the pickled veggies. Cilantro and cucumbers are last. Then slather on more mayo on the top of the bun, and place that on. You are ready to go. Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!!
- 1/2 cup mayo of choice
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce we actually prefer a 1:1 ration with the mayo. If you are a little unsure of how hot you can handle, the 2 tablespoons is a great place to start.
- pinch salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients. Taste. Adjust as needed. This can be made and stored for up to 5 days in an air tight container in the fridge. Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!