Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast Recipe. This is a classic French toast with a twist, get ready to upgrade this delectable breakfast! Stuffed French toast is basically thick slices of bread filled with sweetened cream cheese, perfect for brunch or breakfast on the weekends. Everyone will love this sweet and filling plate.
How To Make The Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- Make the cream cheese filling using softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Very simple and easy.
- Make your cinnamon sugar.
- Combine your eggs, milk, and vanilla onto a dinner plate for the easiest dipping.
- Spread your Texas Toast with cream cheese, trying not to overstuff it, and topping it off with another slice of toast.
- Dip both sides of your toast in your egg wash.
- Sprinkle with your cinnamon sugar.
- Place your toast on a buttered skillet or griddle. Be generous with your butter.
- Grill your toast until it is golden brown.
- Garnish and enjoy
- A thick bread is a million times better than thin bread as thinner bread tends to get soggy. I use Texas Toast, but you could use Brioche or French bread. I always love hearty whole-grain bread, but for this recipe, thick white bread is what you want!
- These are best served fresh. Make and serve the day of. If you plan on serving a lot of people, start cooking your French toast and them into a 250-degree oven to hold them.
- Do not soak your bread for too long, or It will become soggy.
- Drain off the excess eggs after dipping your toast.
- Grill your French toast on a fairly hot griddle.
Step-By-Step Photos And Videos For The Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
Let me show you with photos and videos how the process goes. Start by mixing your sweetened cream cheese. I used powdered sugar, but you could also use granulated, brown sugar, or even coconut sugar. I prefer powdered sugar as it blends better. The granulated sugars will be...well, granular. You can also use honey or maple syrup to sweeten. It will change the consistency but is still delicious.
Next prepare your egg mixture to be used for dipping. Many people like to use heavy cream here, but I prefer milk. So, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon together. Make sure and mix them well, you don't want chunks of yolks or whites, it is much better if they are blended.
Next, spread on your sweetened cream cheese filling. I used about 2 tablespoons per slice of bread. You can see this in the video below. Place the other slice on top of the filled slice of bread.
Dip your stuffed French toast in your egg mixture. Then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Make sure your griddle with well buttered. With the cinnamon sugar, you want it to caramelize, but not stick. This requires plenty of butter.
- Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Fresh Berries
- Favorite Nuts
Variations For Stuffed French Toast
This version is perfect as the sweet cream cheese blends exquisitely with the thick Texas Toast. If you are looking for something different for a certain brunch you might be planning, you could always use Nutella, peanut butter, or marshmallow cream as a filling.
Other Brunch Ideas
If you are planning a brunch and want a few more ideas, let me share a few I love.
- Whole Wheat Waffles are some of my favorite foods for breakfast. They are so healthy too.
- I love Oat Pancakes as well. These are a great gluten-free option!
- A Savory Galette is always a great option too!!
- Baked Peaches are also a simple, healthy breakfast we love!
- Healthy Carrot Cake Pancakes
Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- griddle or pan to cook the french toast in
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 8 slices bread I used Texas Toast, as I like the thick-cut slices. You can use whatever you prefer.
- Butter for griddle
- maple syrup for topping
- Sliced strawberries for topping
- Combine the cream cheese filling ingredients and mix well. Set aside. Mix the cinnamon sugar and set aside. Mix the egg dip ingredients on a dinner plate and set aside. Divide the cream cheese filling between 4 slices of bread. Spread evenly, but try not to let it run over the side. Top with another slice of bread and press gently to close. Preheat your griddle to 375 degrees. Brush generously with butter. Dip your stuffed french toast on both sides in the egg mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, yes this is messy, then place on the griddle.