Are you looking for a simple breakfast or brunch idea? Let me tell you, these Simple Baked Peaches for Breakfast are it! They come together quickly, make use of seasonal peaches, and are totally delicious.
What Makes Baked Peaches The Best Breakfast?
First and foremost, the flavor. There is something so tasty about peaches, yogurt, and granola together. Not to mention that butter and brown sugar it is cooked in.
This is my kind of breakfast. Breakfast isn't my favorite meal of the day, and I am usually looking for something light. These baked peaches always give me that.
They are really pretty simple to make. Hands-on time is about 5-10 minutes.
- Peaches- Make sure these are ripe. They are much easier to work with and have a better flavor if they are ripe. You can tell how ripe they are when you squeeze them GENTLY. If there is a little give, not much, they are ready to go.
- Butter- There is something so dreamy about butter and peaches!!
- Brown Sugar- I love the combo of the brown sugar and butter when I am baking peaches. You can also use honey or maple syrup if you are looking for a sweetener that is not refined.
- Yogurt- You could also use a sweetened mascarpone if you prefer, but I love a simple vanilla yogurt.
- Granola- I have the best granola recipe. Definetly check it out. If not, buy it if you prefer!
How To Make Baked Peaches
I promised it was going to be simple, let me show you just how simple it will be!
Start by cutting your peaches in half. To do this, take a sharp knife and cut all the way around lengthwise with the knife against the pit the whole time. Once it is cut, twist gently to twist it apart.
Then gently remove the pit from the side it stayed in. Place the peaches on a baking sheet, skin side down.
Add your butter and brown sugar to a microwave-safe bowl. Melt and mix well. Brush the peaches with the brown sugar mix.
Place in your preheated oven. Bake until the brown sugar mixture is bubbly and the peaches are tender.
Remove from the oven. You can let them cool slightly or use them right away. Top with yogurt and granola. That is it!! I told you it was simple.
Notes For Baking
I think the most important thing when it comes to this recipe is choosing ripe peaches. I explained this above, so I won't go into detail here.
Leaving the skins on the peaches is pretty important too. I know some people like to peel them, but honestly, the skins are really healthy and they hold everything in a pretty shape.
These can be used as meal prep. You can make them ahead of time, then reheat slightly when you are ready to serve. They will be a little softer on the reheat, but still really good!
FAQ Baked Peaches
Yes! I love grilling peaches. The flavor and texture are delicious. You will want to grill them on medium-high heat. I would cook the flat side first, then when you turn them, brush with the brown sugar mix and continue to grill.
They will stay good for about 3 days in the fridge. Make sure they are cooled and wrapped before you put them in.
Yes! It is really good with nectarines and plums. Experiment.
Other Breakfast Ideas
- Farro breakfast with eggs and roasted vegetables
- Healthy Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Cream cheese stuffed french toast
- Strawberries and cream porridge
- Homemade instapot yogurt
- Whole wheat waffles
- Healthy Breakfast Hash
Simple Baked Peaches Breakfast
- 4 peaches
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar You can also use honey or maple syrup if you prefer.
- toppings of choice I love a vanilla yogurt, muesli and nuts. I have also used dried fruits too.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. You don't have to line the pan, but it sure makes clean up simple. Cut peaches in half. Remove pits. Lay all peach halves cut side up on the baking sheet. Add butter and brown sugar in microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove and mix well.Spread the butter/sugar mix between the 8 peach halves.Place in oven. Bake until the peaches are tender and the butter mixture is bubbly. Mine took about 8 minutes. I would say about 8-10 minutes should be good. Now, you can allow these too cool slightly before eating, or just go for it. Top how you choose. I love to start with the yogurt, then add the muesli and the nuts. If I have extra, I will store them in an airtight container in the fridge. They are good for another day or 2. Simply reheat in the microwave for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!