Easy and Spicy Jalapeno Ranch Dressing. If you are the kind of person that likes things a little spicy, this dressing is for you! Jalapeno ranch dressing is so simple and so versatile.
Why You Need This Dressing
If you are tired of the same old ranch dressing and are ready for something new, this is it! It is so easy, and so delicious. Once you try it, you will never go back to plain ranch again.
Ingredients In The Easy and Spicy Jalapeno Ranch Dressing?
- Sour Cream– You can also use Greek Yogurt here as well, which I have done plenty of times.
- Mayo– I don’t use mayo often, in fact, a quart will also last me about 4 months. But, for this sauce, I really love it.
- Hidden Valley Dry Ranch Mix– You can always make your own, but the beauty of the dressing is how simple it is.
- Minced Garlic– You can use garlic powder here, but I really love fresh.
- Lime Juice– This is best fresh-squeezed.
- Cilantro– Always a must in this dressing.
- Jalapenos– You can either use fresh or canned.
Tips For Making The Dressing
First of all, if you aren’t using hot peppers, be careful. If you have gloves, use them. If not, I didn’t, work quickly and wash your hands frequently. Make sure and pay special attention to fingernails and under them. Use a food processor or blender for mixing. I used a Cuisinart Food Processor, I love it as it has a good powerful motor that will blend all ingredients well. You can also use a blender if you prefer. I like my dressing to be pretty smooth and creamy, and the food processor and blender make it this way. Then you just throw everything in the food processor. Blend for about 30 seconds and it is done!! I told you it was simple and I wasn’t kidding! I love to use fresh jalapenos as the flavor is better. If you don’t have those on hand, you can always use canned jalapenos.
How Long Does The Easy and Spicy Jalapeno Ranch Dressing Last?
One of the really great things about this dip it can be made well in advance of when you are needing it, making it perfect for a get-together or even meal prep. It holds well in the fridge for at least 4-5 days. Just make sure it is in an airtight container.
FAQ Jalapeno Ranch
You can use any ranch packets you prefer. It is the one I grew up with, so it is always the one I reach for. If you have another favorite, use it!
Yes! Serrano are my second favorite, but you can also use habanero. Both are a little more spicy than jalapenos, so adjust accordingly.
It holds best in an airtight container in the fridge. I like to hold mine in mason jars with a lid.
What Can You Serve The Dressing With?
As mentioned above, this dressing/dip is so versatile, let me share a few ways I love to eat this.
- Taco Salad
- Any other southwestern or Mexican-style salad
- With tortilla chips
- With roasted potato wedges- keep reading for directions on those
- On your favorite taco
- On your favorite burger or sandwich
- With your favorite wrap
- You can see, I could go on and on. This dressing is that good!
Roasted Potato Wedges
So, let me share my favorite food to eat with the dressing- roasted red potatoes wedges. Start by washing, and cutting your wedges. Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 450 degrees for about 15-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before serving. They make the perfect appetizer!!
While this makes a great addition to your next appetizer platter, let me share some other ideas for simple appetizers!
- Filet and Burrata Crostini is a recent recipe I published and it is too good and simple!
- Marinated Mozzarella is such a simple appetizer as well.
- I also love this creamy loaded hummus!
- This Roasted Tomato Caprese is also really delicious!
- Another simple one is this Goat Cheese Log.
Creamy and Spicy jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- Food processor or blender
- 3/4 cup sour cream You can also use a plain Greek yogurt. I love that as well, but prefer the sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo you can use all sour cream if you prefer, but I really like a little mayo in there as well.
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4-3/4 cup fresh or pickled jalapenos This will of course depend on your preference for heat. I love fresh jalapenos
- 1 cup cilantro, just cut off the top 4 inches of the bunch you buy
- 2 tablespoon2 fresh lime juice
- Add all ingredients to your food processor or blender. Mix until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning and heat as needed. Use immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!