Simple and Perfect Lemonade. If you are looking for a cooling drink that is quick to throw together, you will love this lemonade recipe. It uses fresh lemons and simple syrup. It can be made in advance and is ready for you, your family, and friends to enjoy. I promise you are going to love this!!
Ingredients For The Simple And Perfect Lemonade
The beauty of this lemonade is it is made with 3 easy to find ingredients. Let me tell you:
- Lemons- This is freshly squeezed lemon juice, and no the bottled stuff will not work. The flavor is just not the same!! Trust me on this.
- Granulated sugar- Yes, you can use honey, but I prefer the neutral flavor of the granulated sugar.
- Water- Nothing fancy here, I grab mine straight from the tap. I mean, use bottled if you prefer, but it isn't necessary.
How To Make The Lemonade
- First, start by making your simple syrup. I am explaining this in detail below. Can you just mix the sugar and water together? Of course, but it is so much better if the granules are cooked and dissolved. 50 milllion bartenders cannot be wrong on this!
- Next, squeeze your lemons.
- Combine the simple syrup, lemon juice, and ice. Add in additional lemon slices for garnish. That is it!
For me, every lemonade absolutely has to start with simple syrup. Yes, you can just mix the lemon juice, water, and sugar together, but the sugar will never dissolve and it will be gritty in your drink. So, let's do this right. Mix your water and granulated sugar in a thick bottom pan.
I am still in love with this Cuisinart pan I got for my wedding 17 years ago. I couldn't find my exact pan on Amazon, I generally buy them at TJ Maxx or Marshalls.
Bring the mixture to a low boil over medium heat stirring occasionally. When your sugar has dissolved, you are good. How do you know when the sugar is dissolved? You won't see any of granules anymore, it will be a clear liquid.
There are many types of juicers, so choose what most appeals to you. Here is the one I use and love. If you are juicing a lot, you can also get an electric one, those are really nice! I don't use it enough to give it kitchen space.
Putting Together The Simple And Perfect Lemonade
Next step is putting it all together. I like to add my lemon juice with my simple syrup. Then start adding in your water. The water is a variable in this recipe. Maybe you like your lemonade stronger? If so, add in less water. Or maybe you like it a little les strong. If so, more water. Last add in the ice. I mean, iced lemonade is essential, right?
Next, head on out to the front porch. Your life just got a whole lot easier and so much better!
Prep work Made Ahead Of Time
You can easily make the simple syrup ahead of time. Make it up, cool, and place in the fridge for up to 5 days without any issues. When you are ready, pull it out, mix in the lemon juice, water and ice. So simple!
Simple and Perfect Lemonade
- sauce pan, strainer
- 1 cup water for simple syrup
- 1 cup granulated syrup
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Add water and sugar to a saucepan. It is best if this is a thick-bottomed saucepan. Turn heat to medium and mix well. Allow to heat until sugar is dissolved. Mine took about 5 minutes or so, this will depend on the temp of your cooktop. Once the sugar is dissolved, remove it from heat and allow it to cool. Once it has cooled slightly, we can beginAdd your simple syrup, lemon, juice, and 1 quart of water to a pitcher. Mix it well and taste. If you like, add in more water. This will depend on how strong your lemons are and what your tastes are like. last up is the ice. Can you drink lemonade without it iced down? Me either...Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve this!