Simple Superfoods Salad. Looking for a way to add more superfoods into your diet? Look no further because this quick and easy salad is packed with leafy green kale, chia seeds, and other incredible superfoods. This healthy and hearty salad recipe is perfect for lunch or meal prep that will keep you full all day long.
White Winter Wheat. This recipe also calls for sprouted white winter wheat, which is a bit milder in flavor compared to other varieties. This wheat is typically planted in the fall and harvested in late spring.
Like most sprouted grains, it boasts a myriad of health benefits. These grains add great texture and flavor to this salad. For a complete guide to sprouted grains, check out this How-To article I wrote all about sprouted grains!
To prepare this dish, massage your kale with extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Please note not to massage for long or use too much oil as this can cause your kale leaves to become mushy.
I recommend Moire's PDO Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil that has a protected designation of origin (PDO) for this recipe. This distinction is actually quite difficult to achieve as the product must be grown and packaged in a specific geographic location of significance based on the type of product.
In regards to EVOO, their PDO is in Kalamata, Greece, an area that has become well known and important in the olive oil world. Therefore, these olives are grown, pressed, produced, bottled, and sealed in the area. Strict requirements and regulations are required to get a PDO thus guaranteeing that you are using 100% pure and authentic EVOO.
The Components Of The Simple Superfoods Salad
This salad is topped with an array of superfoods such as kale, berries, walnuts, broccoli, and chia seeds.
Kale leaves are the base of this delicious salad and boast a ton of healthy nutrients. This leafy green is a great source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and other necessary antioxidants.
Strawberries are also high in antioxidants like Vitamin C. They have also been known to help regulate blood sugar levels and improve cholesterol and circulatory health.
Walnuts are high in Vitamin E and polyphenols, which have been known to fight inflammation.
Chia seeds are low in calories and carbohydrates. On the other hand, this superfood contains fiber, protein, calcium, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus.
This salad also features a citrusy, flavorful orange vinaigrette. It is simple to make and adds the perfect finishing touch to the salad.
The Finished Simple Superfoods Salad
Lastly, top your salad off with some cucumber ribbons, strawberries, and extra blood oranges for garnish and added nutrients.
If sprouted grains are your thing, and you love them in salads, let me give you a few more ideas!
- This Shrimp Buddha Bowl with sprouted Einkorn is amazing.
- Or how about a Mediterranean Kale Salad with Sprouted Spelt. Also very healthy and delicious!
- Have you ever tried Sprouted Quinoa Salad?
Simple Super Foods Salad
- 6 cups kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cucumbers
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 orange segmented I used a blood orange
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 cups raw sprouted grains of choice I used white winter wheat
- 1 recipe orange vinaigerette or other of choice recipe included in post
- 2 boiled eggs peeled and sliced in half
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt to taste
- Cut the kale from the stem and rough chop. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Gently massage for about a minute.Now it is time to put together the salad.Combine all ingredients and gently mix them together. Drizzle generously with the vinaigrette. Serve immediately.If you are using this for meal prep, don't add in the oranges, strawberries, and dressing until serving.Now, sit back and enjoy. You deserve it!
- combine all ingredients and blend with a whisk. Add the salt to taste.